This tutorial shows you how to setup Microsoft Outlook 2003 ® to work with your e-mail account.This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook 2003,but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Express and Windows Mail.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook
1. In Microsoft Outlook, from the Tools menu, select E-mail Accounts.
2. On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select Add a new e-mail account and then click Next.
3. For your server type, select POP3 or IMAP, and then click Next.
4. On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3/IMAP) window, enter your information as follows:
Your first and last name.
Your email address.
Your email address again.
Your email account password.
Make sure to select this option or you will have to enter your email password every time you check your email.
Incoming mail server (POP3)
POP,mail.yourdomain or IMAP,mail.yourdomain.
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
your domain is the address of your site’s homepage, for example, evolutionsigns.co.uk would use mail.evolutionsigns.co.uk
Click More Settings.
5. On the Internet E-mail Settings window, go to the Outgoing Server tab.
6. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
7. Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
8. In Advanced Settings, ensure to tick the option to delete messages from the server after 10 days. If this is not set, messages on the server will not be deleted and your mailbox will become full.
9. Click Next.
10. Click Finish.